COLUMBIA — Last Friday’s explosion of a house in the East Campus neighborhood was caused by natural gas, the Columbia Fire Department said Tuesday. A retired MU professor was killed in the blast and fire that followed; his wife was critically injured.
Explosion caused by natural gas
To read the full article, please sign up or login.
Get full access to the Columbia Missourian on your computer, phone, and tablet for just $5.95 per month.
* All the high-quality, in-depth journalism of the Columbia Missourian and Vox Magazine, updated 24/7
* Your news. Your device. Your time.
If you'd like to read more about the value of being a member, read this column from the Missourian's executive editor, Tom Warhover.