Areas southeast of Columbia received the heaviest rain early Thursday evening. A flood warning for small streams in Boone County was posted until 3:15 Wednesday morning.
Benjamin Sipprell of the National Weather Service in St. Louis said any additional rainfall tonight in the Columbia area should be limited to about one-tenth of an inch.
Standing water and runoff from earlier rains will continue to make its way into basins and watersheds that are already running high, Sipprell said.
“I think we’re just playing a safe role here,” Sipprell said of the warning for Boone County that extends into Wednesday morning.
As of 6:30 p.m., the following roads in Boone County were closed:
- Blackfoot Road at the Columbia/Boone County line
- Stone Drive at Silver Fork Creek
- Highway CC at Tri-City Lake Road
- 20700 block of Farwest School Road
- 2000 block of Friendship Church Road
- Wilcox Road just off Route E
- 900 block of Strawn Road N.
- Akeman Bridge Road at Perche Creek
- Dodd Road N. at Silver Fork Creek