JEFFERSON CITY — Missouri lawmakers have given final approval to $140 million of construction projects.
The capital improvements budget passed today includes more than $22 million for improvements at vocational technical schools in 11 communities. It also includes $10 million to continue work on a building used for heavy equipment courses at Linn State Technical College.
Other expenditures include:
• About $7 million divided among seven river ports along the Missouri and Mississippi rivers.
• $7 million for improvements to the Capitol and Governor’s Mansion, and $7 million for the state archives.
• $5 million for improvements on the railroad tracks used by Amtrak.
• $18 million for a new 52-bed facility at the Bellefontaine Habilitation Center at St. Louis.
• $36 million for projects overseen by the state Department of Conservation.