President Bush and other officials flying to Iraq and back home is a waste of time, fuel and money, as they don’t see what is really happening in Iraq. They come home saying things are getting better, then all hell breaks loose. If Bush had studied Mideast history, he would have known that this region has been in turmoil since biblical times. Bush is fiddling like Nero did in Rome, while our country falls apart. A few of the reasons I feel this way are listed below.
1. The value of our dollar has declined while inflation has increased.
2. Jobs have been lost because of free trade; we need fair trade.
3. Companies are downsizing, causing unemployment to be at a all time high.
4. It is predicted that food stamps users will reach 8 million in 2008.
5. People are standing in line at food kitchens and pantries that never had before.
6. Mortgage foreclosures are at an all time high.
7. Veterans are living on the streets while the U.S. budget is underfunded.
8. Gas prices are at a record high while oil companies are getting rich.
9. Our school system is failing, yet we spend more per individual than any other country.
10. Over $3½ million are wasted in Iraq while our country falls apart every month.
How about a little help to our country instead of trying to police the world, Mr. Bush? Do we want another Republican Bush-supporting president? You decide. The world has turned against us and terrorism is increasing; and we are less secure after we attacked Iraq.