advertisement

Fire in northeast Columbia caused by unattended cooking

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 | 6:25 p.m. CDT; updated 8:25 p.m. CDT, Monday, July 21, 2008

COLUMBIA —On Tuesday afternoon, the Columbia Fire Department responded to an apartment building fire at 2900 Lawrence Court.

On arrival, firefighters saw light smoke coming from the third floor of the building. No one was in the apartment when firefighters arrived.

When they entered the building, firefighters found a pan of food left on a stove, according to a new release from the Fire Department. The cause of fire has been determined to be the unattended cooking, and damages are estimated at $500.

The apartment is owned by Arendt Management.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements