COLUMBIA — A stove fire at a Columbia mobile home Wednesday had firefighters responding to their second cooking fire in as many days.
At 2:22 p.m., the Columbia Fire Department was dispatched to a lot at he Columbia Regency Mobile Home Park, 2701 Nifong Drive, to find smoke coming from a mobile home on Lot 10, a news release said.
No one was seriously injured.
The occupants, Travis Mutrux, 32, and Kristi Wilson, 33, were not home at the time. Mutrux had been cooking but left the home for a short period of time. When he came back to the mobile home, he saw the smoke and called firefighters, the release said.
Firefighters put out the fire on the stove and roof. Mutrux was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation but was not taken to the hospital.
Damage to the mobile home is estimated at less than $5,000, the release said.