COLUMBIA — A fire caused by an unattended deep-fat fryer sent one man to the hospital and caused significant damage to a home at 200 Oak St. on Wednesday night, according to a release from the Columbia Fire Department. Columbia firefighters were dispatched to the home at 10:44 p.m., and emergency crews arrived to find smoke and fire at the front of the house.
Fire caused by deep-fat fryer injures man, damages home
To read the full article, please sign up or login.
Get full access to the Columbia Missourian on your computer, phone, and tablet for just $5.95 per month.
* All the high-quality, in-depth journalism of the Columbia Missourian and Vox Magazine, updated 24/7
* Your news. Your device. Your time.
If you'd like to read more about the value of being a member, read this column from the Missourian's executive editor, Tom Warhover.