advertisement

Cigarette causes fire, minor damage

Monday, September 15, 2008 | 8:42 p.m. CDT

COLUMBIA - A neighbor noticed fire on the exterior of 2408 Carnation Drive an hour after the resident's sister thought she had extinguished a cigarette in a sand-filled flowerpot. The residents extinguished the fire themselves using pans and buckets of water. The fire melted a section of exterior siding by the front door. Columbia Fire Department units were dispatched at 4:20 p.m. and arrived on the scene at 4:22 p.m.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements