COLUMBIA – Firefighters responded to a fire at about 10:30 a.m. Friday at 305 Fisher Walkway .
Rosalie Maurer of the residence went into cardiac arrest from possible smoke inhalation shortly after respondents arrived, said Gary Warren, a battalion chief for the Columbia Fire Department. Maurer's pulse returned when the firefighters performed CPR, and she was transported to University Hospital. Maurer's condition is unknown at this time.
The cause of the incident was determined to be a cooking fire, and no visible damage was reported.
"When we arrived, there was heavy smoke from a pan in the sink, but there was no fire," Warren said at the scene.