COLUMBIA — As people head downtown this weekend for the Roots 'N Blues 'N BBQ Festival, watch out for road closures and special parking arrangements. Here's a rundown to help make heading to Roots 'N Blues headache-free.
The following streets will be closed from 7 a.m. on Friday until 3 a.m. on Sunday:
- Cherry, from Fourth through Ninth streets
- Locust, from Fifth through Ninth streets
- Elm, from Fifth through Ninth streets
- Fourth Street, from Broadway to Locust Street
- Fifth Street, from Broadway to Locust Street
- Sixth Street, from Broadway to the Sixth and Cherry parking garage
- Seventh Street, from Broadway to Elm Street
- Eighth Street, from Broadway to Elm Street and through the circle drive
Parking for the weekend festivities will be first-come, first serve in the city garages, excluding the Eighth and Cherry parking garage, parking lots and meters. Designated festival hours will be from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday and from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday.
City parking permit holders are not guaranteed spaces during this time. Free shuttle rides will be offered from 4 p.m. until 11:45 p.m. on Friday and from 10 a.m. until 11:45p.m. on Saturday, running from MU athletic parking lots by the Hearnes Center to the Walton Building parking lot on Elm Street.
Bicycle parking will be available in the lot at Flat Branch Park and on Sixth Street between Broadway and Cherry Street.