COLUMBIA — The Secondary Enrollment Planning Committee is holding eight public forums for people to discuss their concerns and recommendations for the district's boundary planning process. The Columbia Public School District will transition to a new intermediate program for grades 6 through 8 and add a third comprehensive public high school, which is expected to open August 2010. The meetings will run from 7 to 9 p.m. in each school's media center. All comments will be recorded and considered in the recommendations the committee will eventually make to the City Council and Boone County Commission.
The meetings are scheduled for:
- Tuesday, Oct. 14 at Hickman High School, 1104 N. Providence Road
- Wednesday, Oct. 15 at Rock Bridge High School, 4303 S. Providence Road
- Tuesday, Oct. 21 at West Junior High School, 401 Clinkscales Road
- Wednesday, Oct. 22 at Jefferson Junior High School, 713 Rogers St.
- Thursday, Oct. 23 at Oakland Junior High School, 3405 Oakland Place
- Tuesday, Oct. 28 at Smithton Middle School, 3600 W. Worley St.
- Wednesday, Oct. 29 at Gentry Middle School, 4200 Bethel St.
- Thursday, Oct. 30 at Lange Middle School, 2201 E. Smiley Lane