- Election officials are expecting record turnout, so be prepared to wait. Be prepared with your ID in your hand when you get to the front of the line .
- A voter registration card, driver's license, Missouri ID, bank statement, utility bill, government ID, passport or an MU ID are all acceptable if they show the name and address of the voter. Click here for a full list of IDs accepted in Missouri.
- Don't wear any campaign T-shirts, including ones with the image of a candidate's face. Campaigning and exit polls are not allowed within 25 feet of the polling place.
- Polls in Missouri open at 6 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. Those in line by 7 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- To find your polling place, go to the secretary of state's Web site.
Election Day reminders
This story was updated at 7:40 a.m. to correct the types of identification accepted at polling places in Missouri.
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Show Me the Errors (What's this?)
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.