advertisement

Garage fire causes $5,000 in damage

Monday, November 3, 2008 | 11:17 a.m. CST; updated 11:31 a.m. CST, Monday, November 3, 2008

COLUMBIA — Residents at 504 Dustin Drive put out a fire using a garden hose before the Columbia Fire Department arrived Sunday evening, according to a fire department news release.

Firefighters received a call at 5:10 p.m. Sunday from the residence reporting a small garage fire. The two occupants of the house called 911 after hearing a smoke alarm go off in a hallway attached to the garage. The cause of the fire was later identified as a malfunctioning battery charger. The estimated damage to the house and its contents is $5,000, the release stated.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements