advertisement

Man returns home to find house on fire

Friday, December 19, 2008 | 11:46 a.m. CST

COLUMBIA — A man arrived home Thursday night just as the Columbia Fire Department was responding to a fire at his house at 412 Hillsdale Road, according to a news release from Battalion Chief Gary L. Warren Jr.

The man opened the front door for fire fighters, who extinguished the fire in less than five minutes.

Investigators have determined that the blaze was an electrical fire that originated on a wall where extension cords were used to power a computer and other equipment. The Columbia Fire Department estimates damages to be $40,000.

The man's neighbor reported the fire to 911; he said he saw a lot of smoke coming from a window on the southwest corner of the house.

 

 


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements