COLUMBIA — City of Columbia offices will be open Wednesday, but close Thursday in observance of New Year's Day. But Columbia Transit will run a shuttle service during during First Night festivities from 6:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Offices will reopen Friday.
Offices and services that will be closed Thursday:
- All city offices will be closed.
- Trash and recycling pick-up scheduled for Thursday and Friday will be moved to the next business day. For questions about holiday refuse collection, call the Solid Waste Division at 874-6291.
- City buses will not run.
- The city landfill will be closed.
- Parking at metered spots will be free on New Year's Day.
- Administrative offices for the Police and Fire departments will be closed, but emergency services will operate as usual.