advertisement

Southwest Columbia house fire causes $200,000 in damage

Monday, January 19, 2009 | 4:08 p.m. CST

COLUMBIA — An early Saturday morning fire that resulted in an estimated $200,000 in damages to a vacant southwest Columbia home was caused by an electrical malfunction, said Chief Gale Blomenkamp of the Boone County Fire Protection District.

 

Blomenkamp said the house at 3639 Old Ridge Road was not a total loss, but that the garage, second floor and kitchen would need to be replaced.

"The fire originated in the storage space above the garage and was a result of the malfunctioning of electrical wiring in that area," he said.

County firefighters first responded to the fire just before 1 a.m. Saturday, and extinguished it in about 30 minutes. No injuries were reported.

A phone number listed for the home's owners, Barry and Linda Trout, was disconnected.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements