I feel President Obama wants change. However, he will not be able to obtain much change unless we help him.
As long as members of Congress cater to the wealthy special interest groups by adding so much pork to the bills the president supports that the waste and corruption that our country had under Bush continues, the United States' economy will be pushed further down. All stimulus money bills should have a provision requiring that only American employers and employees be allowed to receive this money. Also, materials used on these jobs should be American produced. However, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce doesn't want this to happen, which is why it wants Obama and Congress to not extend the e-verify rule that expires on May 21, which helps employers to hire only American workers. The reason for this is so the large corporations can hire cheap labor and in turn kick money to the wealthy special interests in Congress.
In order to give Obama or whoever is president the means to make change, we must make these changes to our political system:
1. Set a term limit for Congress. (With this change, it will have less of a chance of being influenced by the wealthy interest groups.)
2. Begin public financing of presidential and congressional elections with no outside money allowed.
3. Remove paid lobbyists from Congress.
4. Replace the Electoral College with a popular vote.
5. Require all voting machines to have backup paper records.
Please contact Obama and Congress about these items, if you want change. They won't be done unless you do.