Please take a couple of minutes to help the Central Missouri Humane Society win a free shelter makeover from Zootoo.com. We are in the first phase (the point-accumulating phase) of the contest, and CMHS is currently in 4th place. March 13 is the final day of the point-accumulating phase, so time is of the essence. Next, the Zootoo crew will make site visits to the top 20 shelters and they will decide on the final 10. After that, is the final phase, "America Votes." You’re eligible to vote for CMHS to win the makeover as long as you join Zootoo (it’s free) and post a picture, any picture, on your profile. Don’t worry; the picture doesn’t need to be a picture of you. It could be a picture of your pet, a flower, the floor, anything. In the final voting phase, which will be April 4-24, you can vote for your shelter 10 times per day.
The awesome campaign for CMHS started with two 13-year-old girls when CMHS was in 859th place. With their perseverance and undying commitment, Libby Burks and Amanda Huhman have propelled CMHS to be one of the forerunners in this contest. Win or lose, these two young ladies deserve recognition for their accomplishments. You can help give them recognition by joining Zootoo.com.
Here’s what you need to do to join:
1. Go to www.zootoo.com/makeover/
2. Click “Join Zootoo Now” in the upper right part of the screen.
3. Fill out the registration information - don’t worry, there is an option to keep your name from displaying once you are a member.
4. Enter your zip code, and click on “View Eligible Shelters.” You will get a list of shelters in your area to support. Choose “Central Missouri Humane Society.”
5. Make sure the terms and conditions check box is checked (be sure you agree to be bound by them, whether you’ve actually read them or not).
6. Click "Submit."
7. You should receive an e-mail from Zootoo shortly after registering. There will be a link you need to click to validate your e-mail address. Click it.
8. Start earning points.
I hope you will join in the effort to win a free shelter makeover for the Central Missouri Humane Society. They are in dire need.