advertisement

Dryer blamed for fire at Dial Corp.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 | 8:14 a.m. CDT; updated 9:36 a.m. CDT, Tuesday, March 31, 2009

ST. LOUIS — A dryer is apparently to blame for a fire that damaged the Dial Corp. building in St. Louis.

The fire broke out Monday night. Firefighters had to let the fire burn itself out due to chemicals involved. No one was hurt.

The massive dryer is used to dry powdered laundry detergent that is produced by Dial. The powdered product jammed and caught fire inside the dryer.

The plan manufactures the Renuzit line of air fresheners for Dial.

 


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements