LEBANON — A teenager from Lebanon has died of alcohol poisoning after drinking beer and vodka while playing video games with friends.
Laclede County authorities say 16-year-old Lebanon High School student Perry McClenahan was found dead in his home Saturday morning. Sheriff Richard Wrinkle said preliminary autopsy results show McClenahan died from alcohol poisoning, but it's not yet clear how much he drank.
Wrinkle said deputies called to check on an unresponsive person found McClenahan dead and cold to the touch, meaning he had been deceased for several hours. He said McClenahan was in a bedroom in the basement of his home and that his parents had been upstairs the night before.
The sheriff said two people who are suspected of supplying the minors with alcohol have been identified and might face charges.