COLUMBIA — Columbia Public Works said in a news release Friday that work will begin next week on improvements to Scott Boulevard from Rollins Road to Brookview Terrace.
Public Works spokesman Jill Stedem said that the construction will happen in segments to keep traffic disruption to a minimum. She also said that the construction on the roughly two-mile stretch of road will begin sometime next week. Temporary lane closures are expected throughout the project, according to the release.
- 1/4-cent capital improvement sales tax — $3,155,000
- Development fees — $517,600
- Special road district tax — $1,815,500
- Stormwater enterprise revenue— $24,521
- Federal aid — $3,500,000
- Missouri state cost apportionment — $6,487,386
- Boone County reimbursement — $642,600
Total cost of Scott Boulevard Project — $16,142,607
Source: Public Works Department
Scott Boulevard will be expanded to four lanes plus a center median. The construction was identified as a 2005 ballot issue project and will cost $16.1 million, the release stated. A ceremonial ribbon-cutting will be held at 8:30 a.m. May 22, at Daniel Boone Little League Field.