advertisement

Fire destroys Columbia mobile home

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 | 11:55 a.m. CDT; updated 7:36 p.m. CDT, Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Marsha Harrison takes photographs of the damage caused to her mother's Columbia mobile home after an electrical fire that originated in the clothes dryer on Wednesday. No one was hurt in the blaze.

A fire that began with an electrical short in a clothes dryer destroyed a Columbia mobile home Wednesday. The owner of the home, Marie Crews, was able to escape safely after being awakened by a smoke alarm, as were her daughter, son-in-law and dog, Piper.

Damage caused by a fire that began with an electrical short in a clothes dryer can been seen from the outside of a Columbia mobile home on Wednesday. The owner's daughter, Marsha Harrison, said the dryer sustained damage last month after lightning struck the home.
A fire that began with an electrical short in a clothes dryer destroyed a Columbia mobile home Wednesday. The owner of the home, Marie Crews, was able to escape safely after being woken by a smoke alarm, as were her daughter, son-in-law and dog, Piper.

Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements