I feel our government officials should stop pointing fingers at the election in Iran and turn their fingers back and point them at themselves, as our election system is a farce full of corruption and unfair representation. It is true we are allowed to vote, but this doesn’t mean our vote will be counted properly or that it will give us fair and equal representation, as once elected too many of our elected officials are controlled by wealthy special interest groups; who buy and sell our politicians. More money is spent on our elections than any other country in the world, which could be better used. If we are to have real change we must change our political system. The following are some changes, which could give us real change, and more fair representation. As more millionaires are created each year while the middle class is pushed into poverty. This is a condition, which could lead to a revolution.
1. Election of our president by popular vote, abolish the Electoral College and super delegates.
2. Limit each candidate to the same amount of money and each proposition and amendment proponents and opponents to the same amount of money.
3. Limit each bill to one main item with no amendments allowed to cut down on wasteful pork being added.
4. Limit members of Congress to one or two terms to break the hold of special interest groups.
5. Establish a national voter registration system.
6. Require all voting machines to have back up paper records.
7. Establish presidential Election Day a national holiday to make it easier for more people to vote.
In order to have change people must become more knowledgeable and involved in the affairs of our government and protest like those in Iran.