The unregulated use of antibiotics or any additive is an affront to our common sense and a physical danger to consumers. Many of the insecticides and fungicides are neuro-toxins. I once walked my small dogs in a field that had been recently sprayed for bugs and weeds. My dogs started going into mild seizures within an hour. These sprays are put onto our crops and animals, and we are consuming them daily.
LETTER: Unregulated use of antibiotics in food is dangerous
To read the full article, please sign up or login.
Get full access to the Columbia Missourian on your computer, phone, and tablet for just $5.95 per month.
* All the high-quality, in-depth journalism of the Columbia Missourian and Vox Magazine, updated 24/7
* Your news. Your device. Your time.
If you'd like to read more about the value of being a member, read this column from the Missourian's executive editor, Tom Warhover.