advertisement

Fairview Elementary evacuated after microwave catches fire

Friday, September 11, 2009 | 12:01 a.m. CDT

COLUMBIA – Fairview Elementary School was evacuated for 30 to 45 minutes Thursday morning after an electrical problem with a microwave started a small fire.

The Columbia Fire Department responded to the fire and quickly extinguished it. No one was injured.

Michelle Baumstark, School Community Programs and Communications coordinator, said the only apparent damage was to the microwave.

She said the entire building was evacuated as a precaution until the Fire Department finished its investigation and cleared the area.

 


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements