Authorities have closed several roads and intersections because of the rain:
- Stone Drive west of Dripping Springs Road
- Blackfoot Road and Oneal Road
- Richland Road and Trade Winds Parkway
- Route Z and Maupin Road
- Research Park behind Stoney Creek Inn
- Northland Drive and Blue Ridge Road
- Blue Ridge Road and Parker Street
- The 9200 block of East St. Charles Road
- Route E at Twin Bridges
- Minor Hill Road east of Route DD
- Hinkson Creek Road east of Wyatt Lane
- Hill Creek Road at Little Bonne Femme Creek
- Route Y at the Callaway County Line
View Columbia Road Closures - Flash Flood Warning 10/8/09 in a larger map
The National Weather Service in St. Louis has issued a flash flood warning for all of Boone County until 6 p.m. today. Kickoff is at 8 p.m.
The National Weather Service in St. Louis also says there is an 80 to 100 percent chance of rain. There will be occasional showers and thunderstorms throughout the entire day, and storms could produce heavy rainfall. The high for today is 58 degrees. Tonight there will be occasional showers and thunderstorms, and a low around 45 degrees.
Interstate 70 eastbound lanes were closed because of an accident at around 11 a.m. The freeway was reopened about an hour later. Traffic will move slowly for some time because of congestion built up during the closure, according to the Missouri Department of Transportation.
By this afternoon, heavier rain will focus further south and mainly be along the Interstate 44 corridor.