New traffic arrows on Stadium Boulevard are being installed to make left turns safer.
The Missouri Department of Transportation plans to replace the green light, which signals drivers to yield when entering the left turn lane, with a flashing yellow arrow. These arrows have already been in use in other Missouri cities such as St. Louis and Kansas City.
In the left turn lane, a green arrow means the driver may proceed without yielding. The flashing yellow arrow alerts drivers that they may cautiously make a left turn after assessing oncoming traffic and pedestrians.
Flashing yellow arrow intersections will be at:
- Stadium Boulevard and Maryland Avenue
- Stadium Boulevard and Monk Drive
- Stadium Boulevard and Ashland Road
- Stadium Boulevard and Old 63
- Stadium Boulevard and Audubon Drive
- Stadium and U.S. 63 interchange
Matt Myers, district traffic engineer for the Missouri Department of Transportation, said the project will begin around the second week of March.