UPDATE: Safford to continue rehab for torn ACL
Monday, March 1, 2010 | 2:32 p.m. CST
– Missouri men's basketball forward Justin Safford will continue rehabilitation on his torn anterior cruciate ligament and will not undergo season-ending knee surgery for the time being, coach Mike Anderson announced in a press release Monday.
"Justin is doing great with his rehabilitation, and it's something we are going to keep an eye on," Anderson said in the release. "What that means for this season, we'll just have to wait and see."
Safford suffered the injury to his left knee Wednesday in the first half of Missouri's win against Colorado at Mizzou Arena. He landed awkwardly following a layup and had to be helped off the floor.
A torn ACL usually means a player will be out for the season, though the severity of Safford's tear is unknown.
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.