Sarah Read, 54, is an attorney specializing in mediation work. She
is the majority owner of The Communications Center Inc., was a
volunteer facilitator for the visioning committee, and has done work for the public schools and the city. Read wants to be Columbia's
"partner in government." Her platform includes transportation, economic
development, environment, public safety and open government.
- Our detailed profile of Read
- Her video responses to 11 questions on city issues
- Fourth Ward candidate Read kicks off campaign
- Attorney Sarah Read to run for Fourth Ward seat
ADDRESS: 3802 Bedford Drive
PERSONAL: Age 54. She is married to David Read; they have two daughters, Anna, 24, and Molly, 21.
OCCUPATION: Attorney, majority owner of The Communications Center Inc.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of arts degree in British studies, 1978; juris doctorate from University of Wisconsin Law School, 1981.
- Earned certificate from the Harvard/Massachusetts Institute of Technology Public Disputes Program.
- Volunteer facilitator for the Columbia Visioning Committee.
- Consultant contracted by the city to draft the Visioning Implementation Report.
- Board member of the Columbia Public Schools Foundation.
- Member of the American Arbitration Association's Panel of Neutrals, which specializes in alternative dispute resolution.
- Contracted by Columbia Board of Education for a training session on communications.
- Past moderator for First Christian Church.
- Co-founder and current president of Columbia Parents for Public Schools.
ON THE WEB: Read's campaign Web site is read4thward.wordpress.com.