Jonathan Sessions, 27, owns a technology consulting company, Tech 2, which is going into its seventh year of business. He serves as a board member on several education committees, some of which are part of the Chamber of Commerce or the Comprehensive School Improvement Plan.
As a product of Columbia Public Schools and through his student teaching, Sessions believes he understands today’s kids well and would be able to represent them well as a board member.
He would like to see more appropriate technological education in the schools and is in support of the bond issue, mainly for improving facilities and moving ninth grade into the high school.
ADDRESS: 209 Melbourne St.
PERSONAL: Age 27. He is single.
OCCUPATION: Owner of Tech 2 Consulting, a local technology consulting company in its seventh year of operation.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in music and elementary education from MU.
BACKGROUND: Enjoys music, technology and local events. He is a member of the Chamber of Commerce Early Childhood Education Committee, the Comprehensive School Improvement Plan's Student Performance Committee and the Comprehensive Plan Task Force.
- Our detailed profile of the candidate.
- Video of Sessions.
- PHOTO: Jonathan Sessions
- Education students get opportunity to question School Board candidates
- School Board candidates focus on bond issue benefits at forum
- School board candidates participate in Q&A session
- Merit pay system debated at school board candidate forum
- School board candidates comment on issues at NAACP forum
- League of Women Voters forum draws questions from community