Dan Holt, 52, a Columbia resident since 1985, has worked in higher education finance as a student loan officer at Boone County National Bank, at the Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority, at Sallie Mae and at the Brazos Higher Education Service Corporation in Texas.
ADDRESS: 4811 Ruby Oaks Court
PERSONAL: Age 52. Married to wife Lisa since 1985. Has four children, two from a previous marriage: Dan, 29; Kevin, 28; Emily, 17; Audrey, 14
OCCUPATION: Currently a stay-at-home dad. Formerly an education loan officer at Boone County National Bank and a consultant at Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority, Sallie Mae and Brazos Higher Education Service Corp.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in economics from MU; master of business administration degree from William Woods University, Fulton.
BACKGROUND: Member of Columbia Parents for Public Schools and Broadway Christian Church
ON THE WEB: Holt has a campaign page on Facebook.
Holt supports teacher merit pay, increased local control over the district and increased emphasis on career preparation, or “life skills,” in K-12 education.
- Our detailed profile of the candidate
- Holt's video statement to voters
- Education students get opportunity to question School Board candidates
- School Board candidates focus on bond issue benefits at forum
- School board candidates participate in Q&A session
- Merit pay system debated at school board candidate forum
- School board candidates comment on issues at NAACP forum
- League of Women Voters forum draws questions from community