- 1877: Dr. Frank Nifong’s wife Lavinia Lenoir’s family built the Maplewood Home.
- 1969: Nifong Park established; barn used as day camp
- 1973: Debut season
- 1986: Maplewood Barn Theatre Association considers move because of vandals and lack of seating and parking.
- 1995: City discusses relocating theater from barn to Woodhaven Learning Center
- 2008: Barn crew performs “The Front Page” as part of the centennial celebration of the MU School of Journalism
- 2009: Mark Durrant goes missing at barn, body later found in submerged car.
- 2010: New stage called Mark Durrant Memorial Stage
- “Trial By Haunted House” was the first show to hit the stage in the early 1970s.
- Previous shows included, "Showboat," "Little Mary Sunshine," “Plan 9,” “Cuckoo’s Nest,” “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof” and “Little Shop of Horrors.”
- The stage was renovated this year.
- This season was supposed to feature performances of “Arsenic and Old Lace,” “Revenge of the Space Pandas,” “Othello” and “Camelot.”
- Unlike many other
community theaters Maplewood Barn Community Theatre has used live animals in its productions including a horse in a 1992 production of “Oklahoma!” A
monkey, scheduled to appear in the 1991 production of “Inherit the Wind,” died of an aspirin overdose shortly before opening night.