COLUMBIA — The Boone County Sheriff’s Department conducted a sobriety checkpoint early Saturday morning along the 3600 block of Vawter School Road.
Of the 110 vehicles checked between midnight and 2:30 a.m., there were:
- Six misdemeanor arrests on suspicion of driving while intoxicated
- One felony arrest on suspicion of driving while intoxicated
- Eight arrests on suspicion of other adult liquor law violations
- Two summons on suspicion of failure to register a motor vehicle
- One arrest on suspicion of driving with a suspended or revoked license
The Sheriff’s Department collaborated with the Hallsville Police Department, the MU Police Department and the Columbia Police Department.