Census Bureau to go door to door starting this weekend
Friday, April 30, 2010 | 6:07 p.m. CDT
COLUMBIA — If you didn't send in your census form, Census Bureau workers could be knocking on your door starting this weekend.
Census takers will be around Columbia gathering missing census form information.
Census Bureau regional director Dennis Johnson said the volunteers will be asking the same 10 questions that are on the paper census forms that were mailed. Johnson said that all the questions would be ones people would know off the top of their head.
How do you know if they are a real census taker?
- They will interview an adult member of the household.
- They will wear an official ID badge with a Department of Commerce seal and an expiration date.
- They will be carrying a bag with the Census Bureau logo on it.
- They will not ask you for Social Security or financial information.
- They will provide a Privacy Act notice which outlines what the information they collect will be used for.
Johnson said census collection for Columbia should be over by mid-June.
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.