COLUMBIA — It took a lot of doing — and a lot of money — to bring IBM to Columbia. Here's a look at the incentives that government and other entities provided.
- $8.6 million through the Missouri BUILD Program
- $14.77 million through the Missouri Quality Jobs program
- $4.2 million in new jobs training
- $300,000 for customized job training
- $412,500 worth of recruitment assistance
- Sales tax exemption on personal property under the Chapter 100 program
The city of Columbia will buy the building at 2810 LeMone Industrial Blvd. for $3 million and will lease it to the company for $1 per year for 10 years with an option to extend it for an additional 5 years at the same price.
Boone County will provide a 50 percent property tax abatement on personal property for the depreciable life of equipment and will exempt personal property from sales tax.
A local work-force training consortium will donate office space for recruitment and training.
Local media will donate $88,000 for job recruitment advertising.