COLUMBIA — The Missouri Department of Transportation will be hosting a community briefing later this month to inform residents about upcoming improvements to 13 bridges located throughout mid-Missouri, according to a news release.
The briefing will take place from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. June 16 at MoDOT's Columbia Project Office Garage, 4201 Paris Road.
- southbound U.S. 63, Turkey Creek
- I-70 South Outer Road, two bridges just west of Route 740
- I-70 South Outer Road, Grindstone Creek
- I-70 North Outer Road, Little Cedar Creek
- I-70 North Outer Road, Cedar Creek
- Route WW, North Fork Grindstone Creek
- northbound U.S. 63, Cedar Creek
- I-70 North Outer Road, Maddox Creek
- Route 94, Auxvasse Creek
- Old U.S. 54, Smith Branch
- Route V, Petite Saline Creek
- Route B over Interstate 70
The bridges, which are located in Boone, Callaway and Cooper counties, will be closed during construction. Details about the project plans, closure durations and proposed detours will be discussed during the meeting. Further information will be posted online at www.modot.org/central the day after the briefing.
The project is part of MoDOT's Safe & Sound Bridge Improvement Program. The program seeks to improve 800 bridges across Missouri over the course of five years.
For more information or for accessibility information for the disabled, call 1-888-275-6636.