COLUMBIA — During the national Click It or Ticket enforcement campaign, deputies from the Boone County Sheriff's Department issued 25 safety belt violations.
Law enforcement officers cracked down on motorists who weren't wearing seat belts during the campaign, which lasted from May 24 to Sunday, according to the Missouri Coalition for Roadway Safety Arrive Alive website.
In addition to issuing 25 safety belt tickets, the campaign resulted in 76 total tickets, including:
- 28 speeding tickets.
- 13 tickets for no insurance.
- 3 tickets for stop sign violations.
- 2 tickets for driving while suspended or revoked.
- 5 tickets for various violations.
- 1 person arrested for an outstanding warrant.
Seven out of 10 Missourians killed in traffic accidents are unbuckled, according to the Arrive Alive website.
The Missouri Department of Transportation's Highway Safety Division, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Missouri Safety Center helped fund the campaign.