COLUMBIA — Police made 3 DWI arrests and 35 speeding tickets in June as part of saturation and "The Heat is On" traffic details along Interstate 70.
Police stopped 46 vehicles on June 18 when the DWI saturation detail took place. The results were as follows:
- 3 DWI arrests.
- 9 tickets issued for stop sign violations, speeding and other hazardous and non-hazardous moving violations.
- 1 arrest for a driver under revocation.
- 1 felony arrest.
- 40 warning tickets were issued for traffic violations.
The "Heat Is On" traffic detail, sponsored by the Missouri Department of Transportation's Highway Safety Divisions, also took place in June. The results from this traffic detail are as follows:
- 35 tickets for speeding.
- 3 tickets for following too closely.
- 1 ticket for a signal light violation.
- 1 ticket for a suspended driver's license.
- 2 tickets for not having insurance.
- 7 warning tickets were also issued.