Flooding cause road closures in Boone County
Wednesday, July 7, 2010 | 7:09 p.m. CDT;
updated 9:55 p.m. CDT, Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Heavy rain caused flooding on Stags Road off of Rock Quarry Drive, making the road impassable for most vehicles on Wednesday night.
COLUMBIA — Seven locations on Boone County roads were closed Wednesday evening due to flooding, according to the emergency management web page on the city of Columbia's website.
Here are the listed closures:
- The 900 block of Botner Road
- Sinclair Road, just south of Nifong Boulevard
- Route E and Wilcox Road
- Blackfoot Road at Bear Creek
- Creasy Springs Road at Bear Creek Trail
- Brown School Road just west of Highway 763
- Brown School Road and Clearview Road intersection
Other locations may also be flooded. Public Safety Joint Communications asks that drivers not attempt to pass roadways that are covered with water.
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.