advertisement

Coroner: Southeast Missouri man's electrocution accidental

Saturday, July 10, 2010 | 6:32 p.m. CDT

CAPE GIRARDEAU — The coroner in Cape Girardeau County has ruled that a 71-year-old man's death from electrocution was accidental.

Family members found Robert Jones dead after he did not return home as expected Friday afternoon. Jones was electrocuted while working at a pond with an electric sump pump at the edge of a pond northwest of Delta.

Cape Girardeau County Coroner John Clifton told the Southeast Missourian that he and the sheriff's department investigated the death shortly after it was reported. They ruled it accidental caused by an electrical malfunction.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements