Oct. 5, 1928 — The Missouri Theatre opens.
1953 — Commonwealth Theaters leases the theater from the Missouri Building Company.
1982 — Citizens start a campaign to preserve the building after rumors spread that Commonwealth plans to gut the theater and turn it into a three-screen cinema.
1983 - 1988 — The theater continues with one screen and struggles financially.
December 1988 — Missouri Symphony Society purchases the theater for $370,000 to use it as a performing arts center.
May 2008 — The theater completes a 10-month renovation project. Originally estimated at $6 million, the actual $10 million price tag puts the theater into debt.
July 21, 2010 — Organizers announce the theater is temporarily closing its doors for August and part of September out of financial necessity.