Empire Rolling Rink
Thursday, August 19, 2010 | 12:01 a.m. CDT
Since the late 1950s, roller hockey players have used Empire Roller Rink in Columbia their home for pickup hockey games. Every Tuesday night, the rink gives area players the opportunity to play pickup roller hockey for a small fee.
COLUMBIA — Empire Rolling Rink, 1305 Business Loop East, offers a variety of different activities throughout the week:
- Monday: The rink is closed to the public, but can be reserved for private parties.
- Tuesday: The rink is closed to the public, but offers roller ball hockey from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Later, the rink offers adult pick-up hockey from 9-10:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: The rink offers family pizza night and public skating. Groups can $20 for four people. The cost covers rentals of regular skates, a large pizza and four sodas.
- Thursday: The rink will offer a college night from 9 p.m. to midnight, starting in the fall.
- Friday: The rink offers public skating from 7 to 10:30 p.m.
- Saturday: The rink offers youth skating from 9 to 11 a.m. children under 9. Later, the rink offers two public skate sessions from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m.
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.