1. You can buy games and play them in store: Unlike other gaming stores in the area, Valhalla’s Gate gives you the opportunity to browse for your favorite game and enjoy playing it with fellow gamers immediately after purchasing.
2. It’s more than a store; it’s a community: For any incoming students who have not found their niche or group of friends just yet, Valhalla’s Gate is a great place to meet new people while enjoying your favorite hobbies together.
3. The store isn’t going anywhere: It’s the only game store in the area of its kind and has been around for 10 years. Despite other game stores coming in and out of the Columbia area, Valhalla’s Gate has managed to beat out the competition and remain the last store standing.
4. They have tournaments: Feel the need to test out your gaming skills, or are you ready for some competition? Valhalla’s Gate hosts tournaments every Friday night and stays open until midnight for late-night games and festivities.
5. Games, games and more games. Valhalla’s Gate is the Mecca of games. With a store filled with role-playing, tabletop, war and board games, there’s very little doubt that this isn’t a gamer's fantasy.
If these five reasons aren’t enough, Valhalla’s Gate will also be celebrating its 10-year anniversary and throwing a party. On Aug. 28, gamers young and old will be invited to celebrate with the Valhalla family, enjoying free refreshments and good company.