St. Andrew’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, 914 West Blvd. S., is currently working on designs for its “Building for Christ’s mission” campaign. The campaign will expand the church as well as upgrade the current building.
According to the church’s June 17 newsletter, the total cost for the project will be $1.1 million.
St. Andrew’s was organized more than 50 years ago but has had to defer needed renovations mainly because of the budgetary effects of staff increases.
The renovations will include:
- Roof repairs.
- Installing a new and more efficient heating and cooling system.
- New flooring.
- Making the restrooms larger and handicap-accessible.
- Creating a new driveway onto West Boulevard that is safer.
- Creating a functional front entrance into the church.
- Consolidating the church offices to one space.
- Remodeling centrum with new entrances, carpet, lighting and sound system.
The church is asking all members to increase the amount of their tithe if they can or begin giving one to help pay for the costs. The church has set three fundraising goals for the project: a celebration goal of $750,000, a victory goal of $1 million and a jubilation goal of $1.25 million.
The construction company, Huebert Builders, has invited any members of St. Andrew’s who have construction experience to participate in the project. The church is working with Peckham & Wright Architects and the builders on the designs of the project.
The current goal is to have the construction documents finished by the end of September.