Getting around Columbia can be done cheaply and easily through Columbia Transit’s bus system. In early August, Columbia Transit expanded its bus routes to cover more areas where students live.
The Wabash Station, 126 N. Tenth St., is the main hub of the bus system serving the orange route, blue route, green route, red route and brown downtown orbiter. The bus routes have been expanded to include:
- Orange Route: expanded north on Rangeline to Brown School Road and on Oakland Gravel Road between Smiley Lane and Vandiver Drive; south to include Forum and West boulevards and Stewart Road
- Blue Route: expanded north on Rangeline, Garth Road and Providence to Smiley Lane; east to include Hanover Boulevard
- Green Route: expanded north on Brown Station Road and Paris Road
- Red Route: expanded south on U.S. 63 to Discovery Parkway
- Yellow Route: expanded east on Nifong Boulevard and Grindstone Parkway; south to Southhampton Drive and Forum Boulevard
Specific information about routes and times may be found on the Columbia Transit website.