advertisement

Missouri teen identified as victim of carbon monoxide

Thursday, August 19, 2010 | 6:40 p.m. CDT

OAK GROVE — A western Missouri high school student has been identified as the teenager killed by carbon monoxide poisoning earlier this week.

The poisoning occurred Monday at a four-plex in Oak Grove, about 25 miles east of Kansas City.

Authorities said Thursday that 17-year-old Megan Wyatt died. A 16-year-old friend who was staying with Wyatt is recovering, and Wyatt's 62-year-old grandmother remained Thursday in the hospital.

KMBC-TV reports the three were found unconscious in the grandmother's town home after a neighbor came home and smelled a suspicious odor. The grandmother's car was running inside a closed garage.

Wyatt would have begun her junior year at Blue Springs South High School on Wednesday.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements