OAK GROVE — A western Missouri high school student has been identified as the teenager killed by carbon monoxide poisoning earlier this week.
The poisoning occurred Monday at a four-plex in Oak Grove, about 25 miles east of Kansas City.
Authorities said Thursday that 17-year-old Megan Wyatt died. A 16-year-old friend who was staying with Wyatt is recovering, and Wyatt's 62-year-old grandmother remained Thursday in the hospital.
KMBC-TV reports the three were found unconscious in the grandmother's town home after a neighbor came home and smelled a suspicious odor. The grandmother's car was running inside a closed garage.
Wyatt would have begun her junior year at Blue Springs South High School on Wednesday.