Guide to staying away from salmonella
Friday, August 20, 2010 | 12:12 p.m. CDT;
updated 1:25 p.m. CDT, Monday, August 23, 2010
COLUMBIA — Here are some tips for avoiding salmonella from the Missouri Department of Heath and Senior Services.
- Toss out or return all eggs of the following brands: Lucerne, Albertson, Mountain Dairy, Ralph's, Boomsma's, Sunshine, Hillandale, Trafficanda, Farm Fresh, Shoreland, Lund, Dutch Farms and Kemp's.
- Discard any cracked or dirty eggs.
- Keep eggs refrigerated at less than 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash hands, cooking utensils and food preparation surfaces with soap and water after contact with raw eggs.
- Eggs should be cooked until both the white and the yolk are firm and should be eaten promptly after cooking.
- Do not keep eggs warm or at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Refrigerate unused or leftover egg-containing foods promptly.
- Avoid restaurant dishes made with raw or undercooked, unpasteurized eggs.
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.