COLUMIBA — The City Council approved an operating agreement with Thumper Productions for this year's Roots 'N' Blues 'N' BBQ Festival at its meeting Monday. The agreement was approved 6-0 with one amendment.
An overview of the partnership details:
- Thumper Productions will pay the city $10,598.17 to reimburse the city for trash and recycling services for the festival.
- Thumper will provide security, checking of identification at beer tents, emergency medical resources, fencing, signage and valet parking.
- The city will provide parking spaces in various locations for the festival.
- The city will pay Thumper $12,500 from tourism funds to reimburse Thumper for prize money for the barbecue contest and 10K/half marathon race.
- By Oct. 29, Thumper will pay the city either:
- Option 1: Thumper would provide the city with $1 for each one-day festival pass sold, and $1.65 for each weekend pass sold.
- Option 2: Thumper would provide the city with a flat, guaranteed amount of $20,000.
Mayor Bob McDavid proposed amending Option 2, replacing the proposed $17,500 amount with $20,000. The motion passed with a 6-0 vote from the council.
Fifth Ward Councilwoman Laura Nauser recused herself from the vote.