COLUMBIA — The Columbia School Board is now accepting applications to be on the naming committee for the new high school.
The committee will make recommendations to the board on a name for the new school being built on St. Charles Road. Volunteers on the committee must be available to attend meetings at 5 p.m. on Sept. 20 and Oct. 4 at the the district's administration building, 1818 W. Worley St.
All volunteers must not be related to an individual whose name is being considered or have submitted a name for consideration.
If you're interested, e-mail your name, contact information and a paragraph describing why you are interested to email@example.com. You can also call 573-214-3960.
Don't want to be on the committee but still want to have a say?
You may submit suggestions for naming the new high school to Wanda Brown, assistant superintendent for secondary education, at the district's administration building or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the guidelines for submissions:
- No more than two typed pages.
- You can include additional photos or newspaper clippings.
- Names should be easily identifiable with the school.
- Avoid names of living people.
- Parts of the school building or campus should not be named separately from the total complex.
The deadline for submissions is Oct. 1.