Ashland rodeo marks 34 years
Thursday, August 26, 2010 | 1:33 p.m. CDT
Cowboys and rodeo enthusiasts will descend on Ashland this weekend for the Cattlemen Days Rodeo, a two-day event featuring competitive events sanctioned by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association.
- WHEN: The rodeo will be begin at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- WHERE: Take U.S. 63 to the Ashland exit and drive west into town. Turn right at the flashing stop light and follow that road about one mile to the rodeo grounds.
- TICKETS: $13 at the gate, $11 in advance and $5 for children age 6-11. Children under 5 attend free. Information about ticket outlets is on the event website.
- PARADE: 2 p.m. Saturday in downtown Ashland.
- Ticket proceeds will go toward Honor Flights, a program to send World War II veterans to Washington D.C.
- After the rodeo on Friday and Saturday night, a beer garden will open with entertainment by the local band Str8Arrow.
- The Cattlemen Days Rodeo is in its 34th year. It is the product of a collaboration between the Ashland Optimists Club and the Cedar Valley Riders.
— Compiled by Pavan Vangipurim
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.